Are you dealing with stress in day to day life?
What we do at our workplace between 9 am to 5pm is directly related to what we do outside our workplace between 5pm to 9am
Workplace stress is widespread. Employers have legal duties to take care of the safety of their employees and this includes managing stress. The Health and Safety Executive has also provided employers with information and management standards on dealing with stress at work.
Business Psychologists study the minds of employees in a business environment. They explore the psychological factors that influence and affect employees and companies. To identify areas for improvement, a Business Psychologist will evaluate a company’s objectives, corporate strategies, employees, and the overall work environment. They create job assessments and help companies select candidates for employment who share similar missions and goals.
Business Psychologists can expect to work at any of the following tasks:
- Assist with personnel selection
- Design positive work environments
- Establish employee training and motivation
- Perform employee appraisals and evaluations
- Improve employee morale
- Provide employee counseling
- Institute employee health and well-being initiatives
- Provide leadership development
- Improve organizational structure
- Increase business efficiency
- Enhance work safety and study the workplace environment
- Maintain employee records